Last night was census night. An super fun happy hour of working out what your address is, where you used to live last year and five years ago, how to describe your occupation and feel bad that you haven't done any voluntary work worth speaking of. I think they could have made it easier by putting a check box for generic/average/bloke on the first page. The questions, whilst important in an infrastructure, economic index, population counting sort of way, don't seem to get to the core of, well, anything. So I think it's time we as Aussies had some input in the question writing department.
The top ten questions I would like to see in the census are,
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- Scruncher or folder?
- Is your job in any way related to your childhood dreams?
- Are you an Alien?
- Or a pirate?
- Should magazines that live off Paris Hilton's life escapades be banned from being printed?
- How would you like to put reality TV personalities to death?
- Can you actually afford petrol any more?
- Do these jeans make my bum look fat?
- Why do people list their religion as Jedi?
Any more suggestions?